Who agrees that sunshine and beer go together? This wholesome, protein-packed bread adds some zest and spice to your day without making you rise early.
- 1 cup of almonds (or 1 cup of almond flour)
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 4 tsp of baking powder
- 3 tbsp sugar (or maple syrup)
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp of ginger
- Zest of one orange
- 2 tbsp of orange juice
- 1 – 341mL bottle of beer
- ½ tsp canola oil (for pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Slightly oil a metal 8” x 4” loaf pan.
- Process almonds in a food processor to a flour. Place in large mixing bowl.
- Add dry ingredients (flours, baking powder, sugar, salt, ginger) and orange zest to the almond flour.
- Add the orange juice and beer to the dry ingredients. Stir until completely blended.
- Immediately pour batter into the oiled pan and place pan in oven.
- Bake for 50 minutes approximately until a crust forms and looks dry.
- Cool completely (up to 2 hours) before slicing. (This is an essential step for best results).
Servings Per Recipe: 8 thick slices
Copyright with all rights reserved to Nutrition Bites Consulting. We’d love you to share our recipes but remember to give credit where credit is due – to the author. Please re-post only with permission plus link to this original page/post.