Get your healthy omega fats, seed proteins and whole grains – all in one delicious on-the-go muffin!
- 3 bananas, mashed (best if frozen, then defrosted)
- 1 tsp of vanilla exract
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar (or maple syrup)
- 1 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of hemp hearts (hulled hemp seeds)
- Walnuts: Substitute 1/4 cup of walnuts for the seeds to bring a more traditional twist. Or add them in addition to make it even healthier!
- Chocolate Chips: Substitute 1/4 cup of chocolate chips for the seeds for more of a treat. Or add them in addition to the seeds to bring out the kid in everyone! (Non-vegan)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Combine wet ingredients (first four) together in one bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients (rest of ingredients) in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet bowl and mix until just combined.
- Add any variations and gently blend in.
- Divide into lightly greased/sprayed/silicone muffin pans.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Copyright with all rights reserved to Nutrition Bites Consulting. We’d love you to share our recipes but remember to give credit where credit is due – to the author. Please re-post only with permission plus link to this original page/post.
Want a hard copy recipe card?
Send a message to Nutrition Bites by email (firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form) with your full postal address to receive your own sturdy and colourful copy!