Why sign a child up for Nutrition Bites Cooking Lessons?
Most parents want their children to learn these life skills just as much as hockey, dance or music. Let Nutrition Bites Kids Cooking Classes give you a rest and your kids a chance to lead a healthy life by being able to cook for themselves!
Classes are taught by a friendly, fun and patient Professional Home Economist (with an extensive Nutrition & Dietetic education) who loves seeing kids come alive in the kitchen.
Food skills that your child will learn in each class will encourage confidence in the kitchen and help apply math and science (we measure and talk about “why” things happen) lessons. Sandra offers an encouraging cooking experience for your child with credible health and nutrition advice being integrated into each lesson.
Nutrition Bites wants kids to leave happy, excited to try a new food (picky eaters!), gain confidence in making their own snacks and meals at home, as well as more informed about how to make nutritious choices for themselves!
Nutrition Bites currently offers a range of lessons and recipes to satisfy your “taste”, including:
- Breakfast Bonanza – Kids learn to make their own healthy breakfasts – egg pizzas, healthy pancakes & custom fruit salads!
- Better Baking – Kids learn baking basics while exploring the “why” things rise and how to make things healthier!
- Veggies Go Viral (& Spiral) – Kids are learning how to make veggies a fun and easy choice with delicious recipes!
- Basta Pasta! – Kids learn to make pasta from scratch! (Two hour lesson includes how to make sauce and a lasagna!)
- Chicken Challenge – Kids learn how to cook chicken into many different meals such as fajitas & stir fries!
- Natural vs Added Sugars – Kids get informed how to enjoy the sweeter things nature has to offer.
- Quinoa Crazy – Kids are learning recipes to use this awesome healthy alternative to rice including cookies!
Options & Cost (HST not included in prices):
- Group Lessons (4 lessons x 90 minutes) – Ages 8-12 – $100 (Offered seasonally)
- Single Private 1.5 hour (90 minutes) lesson – $55
- Siblings or BFF Semi-Private 1.5 hour (90 minute lesson) – $85 for 2 children*
- Private 2+ hour lesson including a take home dinner for your family to enjoy (4-6 persons) – $100
- 4 Lesson Package – $200 for 4 x 1.5 hour lessons (All four lessons must be scheduled with full payment.)
- Vegan, vegetarian, low-sodium and other menu options are available.
- Birthday Party or Group Lesson $275 for up to 8 children/youth in your home (Other locations could be: school, church, youth club location)
- Check out the Birthday Party page on this website!
All lessons are taught at Nutrition Bites Home Kitchen Studio located in London, Ontario (with birthday parties as the exception).
If you prefer to have the lesson in your home, please add $15 for London addresses. Outside of London, contact for affordable travel rates.
Payments can be made by several methods for your convenience:
- Nutrition Bites Online Store
- E-Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
To sign up your child or for more information:
Phone: (226) 377-2223.