Sandra Venneri has a Bachelor of Science with Honors (B.Sc. (Hon)) in Nutritional & Nutraceutical Sciences from the University of Guelph (yes that’s a mouthful!) with a specialization in Biomedical Sciences (pre-med) as well as all of the dietetic university courses.
She is also one of the lucky ones in Ontario to be a registered Professional Home Economist (P.H.Ec.). Think of all the things to do with Home Ec (the traditional like cooking, recipe development and family health as well as the current trends of couponing, work-life balance and community development).
A Niagara native, her life path has been a winding road and allowed her the opportunities to work with Agriculture & AgriFood Canada, OMAFRA, Canada Beef, ‘NSTEP, Agricorp, Reif Estate Winery, as well as several research and teaching opportunities.
Sandra has helped run and fund student snack programs, competed in a pseudo-Dragon’s Den (article in the London Free Press) and presented to several groups on nutrition and health. She was a speaker for the Ontario Snack Program Conference as well as a Metro Green Apple Grant recipient for a program she designed. This nutri-foodie is a huge supporter of healthy fundraisers and incentives – just ask her about all her ideas.
Sandra walks the talk in her daily life and also practices mindfulness to keep balance. She is the mother of two wonderful young girls, and her experience of also being a stay-at-home parent for 8 years has given her a fresh perspective on what family means to a go-getter and academic mindset.
She has a zest for life and new adventures. On any given day, Sandra loves a simple life in a busy world, yet enjoying the messiness of it all!
She is a member of:
- Ontario Home Economics Association (and the London, ON and International Associations)
- Registered and active member
- Co-Vice President of Membership, OHEA Executive Board
- Social Media Volunteer
- Hyde Park Business Association
- Dietitians of Canada (student)
- Culinary Historians of Canada
- Food Handlers Certificate
- First Aid & CPR – C
- Smart Serve
In the Media
Published Articles by Sandra Venneri
Ontario Home Economics Association
Community Connect London – Life at Home Column
- Couponing – An Easy Way to Save – Summer 2014
- Fall Family Fun – Fall 2014
- Back to the Basics at Home – Spring 2015
Dietitians of Canada Networks
- Focus On! Programs – Dare Ya! Day Snacks (page 7)
- Review of eHealth & Social Media: How technology is changing our patient relations
Media & Articles about Sandra Venneri
Honourable Mentions in Others’ Work
- Acknowledged in published journal article in Pest Management Science:
Mechanisms of resistance to organophosphorus insecticides in populations of the oblique-banded leafroller Choristoneura rosaceana (Harris) (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae) from southern Ontario by Dr D. Pree et al., 2003.
- Acknowledged in published Nutrition For The Long Run – A Handbook by Heidi Smith, BSc, RD