Since I haven’t written a post in years you are probably wondering what happened?
So much has changed and is going on in favour of Nutrition Bites!
- I am currently re-certifying to become a Registered Dietitian.
- I was recently granted my P.H.Ec. designation = Professional Home Economist. Yes think Home Ec from school but it’s a lot more than cooking and sewing. It’s about a holistic and balanced approach to life including home, work, family/friends, community, and health.
- I have helped out with many community initiatives such as community kitchens and snack programs.
- I am working with ‘NSTEP (www.nstep.ca) a national nutrition and physical activity charity that allows me to teach elementary school children as well as other community groups.
- I will honored to be the author of an article soon to be released (next week!) on couponing (again Home Ec).
- I will be attending the Dietitians of Canada Conference getting experience under the wing of Canada Beef and sponsored by the DC Media Network as well.
- I have joined the land of the “living” and have Twitter (@nutritionbites8), Instagram (nutritionbites) and Facebook accounts (http://www.facebook.com/nutritionbitescanada) as social media is kind of a fun hobby and a great way to keep the info flowing to and from me.
- And I am about to transfer this blog from wordpress.com into my website http://www.nutritionbites.ca.
So I hope you join me on my adventure of tasting, educating myself and having fun with food, nutrition, healthy living and just plain life. I’m a nutri-foodie at heart with a zest for life ready to diary my journey. So come along with me in any or all ways to keep in touch, get informed and have fun!